Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gem Beach Resort, Batu Rakit, Kuala Terengganu

If you all guys did know what to on weekend at Kuala Terengganu, then go for swimming at pool beside beach. It will be good scenery looking at the wave pattern while you swim. The resort is located off from main road. If you driving from Kuala Terengganu to Merang via Batu Rakit, after the roundabout at Batu Rakit Police station, slow down and watch for the sign board on your right side. There will be a ‘keropok Lekor” stall on both side of the road. Careful while you enter the small road to the resort as some big trailer will be on your way as the Gem Beach Resort currently extending the resort.


The resort looked like very poor maintenance on gardening and overall appearance. Even the reception guy with low information as I asked for the price for using the swim pool, he bit confuses and instructs me to see the pool side administration for more info. It’s usual this kind of place where not much customer. I approach the pool side admin. There was a clear sign displayed; RM 10 for an adult and RM 5 for children (Non residence). I ask the time frame for the usage of the swim pool, he answered it is a per entry fee and until 1900 hrs.

From not moving from his seat he shows the shower & changing room. I paid RM 10 and went to changing room. The changing rooms not as I expected and the door even not have the any closing arrangement. Somehow I manage and change my cloth to swimming entire.

There was some family at the pool with their kids are swimming at the children pool. The water was chill and nice for the swimming. It was long time I never practicing my swimming skills. I was bit difficult at earlier but fine later stage. It was about noon time and the sun was burning my skin. About an hour of swimming I decided to go back. My last lap from side to side on free style was 27 seconds and it’s not a good record. I will be back here to improve my swimming record.

Swimming is a good work out and tiring. I probably will have good lunch and a deep nap.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment