Friday, March 18, 2011

Naj D’ Leaf Restaurant, Kuala Terengganu

If you had change go to Kuala Terengganu City or you are at Kuala Terengganu City, please don’t forget to drop by this restaurant if you wanted to have a banana leaf served meal for your lunch. I went today for my lunch as I was on business trip to Kuala Terengganu. As you aware Friday is a weekend for this state and most the restaurants are closed for Friday prayer, I had no much choices then an Indian or Chinese food.

I knew that there was a banana leaf restaurant in middle of town as I been there in the year of 2004. Since it’s been long time I was roam around to look for the restaurant. Finally, I found it at the Jalan Tok Lam near Mid Town Hotel. I parked my car nearby. Remember to carry coin all the time at Kuala Terengganu. The Kuala Terengganu public parking is fitted with the coin meter. 10 cents require parking your car for 10 minutes.

The restaurant was clean and tidy. No much decoration on the walls. Decent ceiling lights and wall fans on both sides’ shows a pleasant location for a nice lunch. The foods displayed at the entrance to ease your choices before made your mind to eat. All tables are marble top finishing and present a cleanliness of the restaurant operator.

I was greeting by one of the waitress and she took order so clearly to avoid any mistake. She did asked me either I want a white rice or briyani rice, she did ask either I wish to have a vegetarian or non vegetarian food. She knew that some of the Indians are normally take a vegetarian food on Friday. She explained the main dishes.

I ordered a non vegetarian food with fish curry and a honey chicken. She served me on the table with three vegetables with rice, fish curry topping and a piece of honey chicken (leg piece). She did also ask for the type of drink politely. I request a hot Nescafe with milk. The food served in attractive way.

I started tasting all food separately. The curry powder mixture in the fish curry are not been cooked properly as I can smell or taste the powder differently. They may add the water before the curry powder fried nicely with the hot oil. I knew little bit of cooking as I used to spend some times in kitchen since I was young. Beside of it, the curry was nice with balance spice, salt and gravy.

The vegetables are cooked with oil less cooking and healthier. The combination and selection of the vegetables also consider balance. Long beans cut and cooked in small sizes. A cucumber slice mixed with carrot slice haft cooked with salt for preserve the nutrients. The pumpkins cooked on thick juice turmeric cooking increase the aura of the food.



The honey chicken was less sweet and taste much delicious mixed with fish curry. The food was ranggoli colors. White rice topped with brownies fish curry surrounded by yellow pumpkin, greenies long beans and cucumber, orange carrots and brightens by the red honey chicken.

The hot milked Nescafe was not as I expected. I normally drink the coffee’s aroma must touch my nose before it reach my mouth. This was considering to milky as not brownies in color. I do understand why it is so when I saw an advertisement at their counter “Looking for kitchen assistant and tea master”. They not have a proper person to prepare the drinks.



In overall, this restaurant advice for good lunch as I rated this restaurant as a “B” in term of service, cleanliness, food preparedness and price. Forgotten, above food was charged as RM 8.50 which I consider reasonable for city like Kuala Terengganu where it very hard to find a banana leaf restaurant.

Guys and girls, the banana leaf also acted as you complain or comment letter. Normally in Tamilan culture, if we fold the banana leaf toward your body after the food means you like the food and wish to come back again. It will be other way around, if you fold the banana leave outward of your body means you not like the food and may probably not coming back there. I am not sure the current generation following this or not. This is a silent and polite way to express your opinion.



So, I did fold the banana leaf toward my body and you all know what does means now. Enjoy your lunch there and share your thoughts if I was a tasteless guy.

Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment