Saturday, March 19, 2011

Salamath Restaurant, Kuala Terengganu

To my fellows Indian friends, if you are looking for a thosai as a breakfast at Kuala Terengganu city, then proceed to this road side corner stall. It a tamilan-muslim or Mamak stall has a thosai, vadai and paratha (roti canai). This stall located in Jalan Hiliran Pulau Kambing just near by the MSET (Mara Shipyard and Engineering Terengganu). Now days, I start roaming like “Jalan Jalan Cari Makan” program to evaluate the local foods.


I enter this stall today morning. No one greeted me. I find my own table middle of the stall. The shop looked clean with clean tables and chairs. No waitress here. Only three staff handling this stall. One cook, one tea master and another one cashier or waiter. After one minute of sitting, then the tea master ask what drink I wants. No formal order taking. I order a hot creamed Nescafe as usual because it is my favored drink at outside. He deliver the drink and forgotten to take food order. Then he come after one minute and asks for the food I would like to eat. I order two thosai as I saw on wall written “Here sold thosai”.

The cook took another 5 minutes to cook the thosai as the hot plate occupied with paratha. The thosai served in good order with chatney, dal curry and fish curry (I think as taste alike). I start my tasting sense each of it. The chatney was superb; up to my taste. Normally some of the stall owner took the coconut milk for their curry and make the chatney with the no milky coconut. So, the chatney will have the juice taste. This one I sure they did not done that. The chaney was made with pure coconut puree.

It’s my nature that I hate to eat dal curry, rasam and sothi in south Indian cooking. So that, I did not enjoy the dal curry served to gather with the thosai. No comment on that. The fish curry was good as it tasted a sour. It was delicious with thosai which the chuney was bit spicy. The combination of spicy and sour earlier morning will give you all good taste of the food. I sure the thosai was made on new blended flour as I not taste any sour or yeast formation. Normally the thosai flour must blend a night before and kept at hot place to give the flour get little sour taste. If they blend to early or kept too longer outside chiller the flour will get sourer taste and it will give displeasure to the customer.

The total breakfast cost me RM 3.60 and it’s consider same as klang valley. Observed there isn’t any re-welcoming greeting from the cashier. My opinion, they should practicing he customer relationship like greeting, interaction if regular customer and more like the “smile”. I would grade this stall “B (-)“ even though the food is good. As a MBA student, I consider the customer satisfaction is play main roll in all firm. Remember, the taste and beauty is always difference on individual views.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment